Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hello Everyone!

Well i've decided to push my time table up and come home early! On
March 8th I am going to take a beautiful train ride through the heart
of the north island. 12hrs of nothing but amazing views and solitude,
as the railway is far from any roads or cities. After the train ride
i'm jumping on the 12hr plane ride home. I managed to get a flight
home on one of the new and really comfy planes. Each seat has a tv
screen on the back, which allows you to watch your own movie, pausing
and stopping at any time. and for the kids out there (like myself) you
can play computer games!... yes mom, somethings just never change =)

With my last two weeks I've come up with a short list of things to do.
First, I must see a rugby game. its the crazy version of football and
all the rave in new zealand. I have tickets to a game on friday, and
all of the starbucks girls are taking me out! yay! Second, i must be
the first one in the world to see the sunrise. This little town just a
day's travel up north is the first place in the world to see the
sunrise and is supposed to be beautiful. Its the first place to see
the sunrise because it sits right on the time line. Third, I have to
go shopping for kiwi stuff! I'm not real sure what i am going to bring
home just yet, but i'm sure i'll come up with something.

So if anyone would like anything from New Zealand, let me know now!

When I come home, I'll be around for a couple of days and then I am
going up to Oregon to rebuild a fence at my Aunt's house... yes i
know, six months of vacation and then another week! After that I'm
going to real estate school and finding a part time job somewhere. Who
knows where. I'm open to ideas and suggestions!.... however anyone
suggesting starbucks will be punished... =)

I hope everyone is doing well! I miss you all and I am really looking
forward to coming home,

Marcus

No comments: