Monday, April 17, 2006

If you plan on coming to New Zealand be prepared to answer these questions...
Category: Blogging

If you come to New Zealand be prepared to answer these five quesitons
and probably in this order...

1. Are you American?!!! - good guess dumbass, was it the accent that
gave me away? By the way, was that a question or just a statement said
SO loud that the rest of the room could hear the announcement?

2. Where are you from? - the country is so damn big, that if i told
you what state i'm from you'd just nod your head anyways and assume
you know where it is... and if you give two cents, then you'll
probably ask me if its next to california or texas... which brings you
to the next question.

3. What do you think of Bush? - by this time the entire room has been
silenced, as they want to know what the american has to say about
Bush... don't be stupid, there is only one answer to this question...
Bush is a fucking dumbass, plus or minus the fucking part, either way
its the quickest way to the next question.

4. Have you ever been to New York or California? - What are these, the
only two places on the earth? Come on people, you could fit 60 New
Zealands into America, and the two places you are interested in are
New York and California?! Give me a freakin break!

These next three questions are pretty much in either order, and often
are based on the level of intelligence of the poor kiwi you are
talking to.

5. What do you think of the war? - I already told you what i thought
of Bush isn't that enough? ... its never enough... ok fine, i think
the war is stupid, we may have achieved great things but who knows
just yet, yes its probably just daddy's vengenance, and don't you dare
ask me about Bin Landin! I personally don't have any opinion about the
war, but good luck telling that to a kiwi.

6. What's up with American Football? and why do they call the baseball
World Series, when only the states are involved? - Football is the
sissy, over regulated version of Rugby. and Baseball, well who the
hell knows, the game is far less boring than your stupid five day
cricket game, so why don't you start there.

7. Ever been to canada? - who the hell wants to go to canada? its
cold, canadians are a bit off their rocker, and they enjoy thier weed
a bit too much... not that i blame them for it... see canada is to us,
what australia is to them, and they want reassurance that they are not
the only other country in this world that has an odd love/hate
relationship with the big country next to them.

For those of you that finished this blog, congrats. As you can see i'm
just blowing off some steam from the kiwis that i just met on the bus.
And well i guess i'm rather tired of the same 5questions being asked
everytime someone picks up on the accent. Its 12:30am here, and i
gotta be up for work in about 6hrs so i'm off to catch a taxi home.

Can't wait to come home to the states!


















Coming Home
Current mood: anxious

Alright, so i've talked about it a ton of times, i've considered it
even more frequently and now its finally going to happen... i'm coming
home people!

I gave my one month notice at work on Tuesday and that begins the
plans for my departure. Feb 28th will be my last day at work. March
1st I will celebrate my birthday, a coworker's b-day and my final day
at work with an all out party. This is becuase the coworker turns 18
and that's same as the big 21 in the states. After that i am giving
myself one week to travel around a bit and spend some of the money i
have. Since it pretty much dissolves into nothing when you convert it
into US currency, i'm doing all i can to get ride of it before i
leave. :)

Wednesday March 8th begins the journey home. I will be taking a 12hr
train ride through the beautiful country side of the north island.
then i'll hope onto an 11pm plane to LAX... and from there back to
PHX. I am sure after 24hrs of traveling, i will be exhausted, but it
will be a great trip to take.

Upon arrival at home i'm going to take a week to just relax and enjoy
the ammentities that i have missed so much... things like american
television, the comfy home my folks have provided for the family, and
its time to catch up with all of my friends that i miss so much!

After resting and eating for a week, i'm going to Real Estate School.
This among other things has been on my list of things to do with my
free time, i just never thought i would turn it into a job. With
Karyn's help, once again, i hope this will become a successful venture
for me. I'll need a part-time job to bring in some cash. So i'm back
to teaching yoga, and i'm going to look into bartending.

and that marks the begining of my venture home... Whee!!!!






vacation
Category: Blogging

So here it is, 8pm on a Thursday night and my family is dead asleep!
Come on people! You're in a beautiful country and you fall asleep
watching TV at 8pm! You have got to be kidding me.

These guys wake my ass up every morning at 6am to get ready for a
6:30am breakfast. The problem is that New Zealand doesn't start
business till 9:30am. So what the heck am I supposed to do between 7am
and 9:30? I go back to bed is what I do, and the family pays for a
movie from the hotel, at 7am! What's wrong with this picture people?

Tomorrow we head off to Queenstown, the supposed adrenaline capital of
the world. And that's where I get to jump out of perfectly good
airplane, jump off some crazy ass bridge with a rubber band attached
to my ankle, and ride a hot-air balloon. What is this insane desire
that my sister has about risking her life? I just don't get it, but
supposedly I am going first... yippee...

New Zealand white wine is good….

No comments: